Yes! Just one simple word. An acknowledgment
of possibility and promise. An affirmation of encouragement
that boldly encourages positive action!
When we face life with an expectation of hopefulness and
look for ways to say Yes!... we find a world of opportunity
The power of expectation creates a mirror by which others
begin to see themselves. In most cases, increased expectations
with a positive emphasis, serve to help others see possibilities
differently. Heightened expectations encourages others to develop:
What is it?
the Bar is a spoken communication that subtlely and implicitly recognizes an individual's internal brilliance and raises the expectations of their behavior to achieve it, without expressly creating formal goals. It is a verbal means of encouraging a person to rise to their full potential.
- “Raising the Bar" ... in people's minds and imaginations, serves in helping people to develop their creative side and identify the strengths within them.
- "Raising the Bar" ... serves in helping people to expect the best from themselves and of others.
is it important?
times in life, we cannot see the good that others see
inside ourselves. "Raising the Bar" challenges people
to discover the brilliance that has always been inside.
You see what they can’t see. What you see in them
they live up to. Expectation defines outcome.
| How do you do it?
- Create an environment that permits mistakes and error so that learning can occur, without sacrificing the “rightness” of the standards.
- Accept people unconditionally for who they are, but see them for who they want to be.
- Using subtle language, help them to identify the values that are driving them.
- Begin a conversation that helps people to identify their dreams, their passions and their potential.
- Help them to develop the skills that will increase their personal competence.
- Celebrate personal achievements, accomplishments and noticeable improvements.